Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics
Seals and Polymer Materials
Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics' Seals group is a global leader in designing and manufacturing high performance seals and polymer components. We serve various markets with our proprietary material grades, including Fluoroloy®, Meldin®, Rulon® which feature custom formulated blends and alloys of high performance polymers including fluoropolymers: PI, PEEK, PPS and UHMWPE. Our materials can be continually used from cryogenic to +600° F, from vacuum to 50,000 psi pressure, 10 to 30+ years life and meet several industry specifications (NORSOK M710, ISO 15848-1, Shell Mesc SPE 77-312 and ASTM).
Our materials are converted into custom engineered seals and polymer components including:
- OmniSeal® spring energized seals
- OmniLipTM rotary lip seals
- OmniFlexTM perfluoroelastomers
- OmniShield® shielding springs
- Marathon® diaphragms
- Rulon® bearings, cup seals, piston rings, v packing, components, stock shapes
- Meldin® direct formed components, hot iso-statically molded and compression molded stock shapes, injection/co-injection molded components
We serve several energy sub-markets and provide multiple innovative and leading edge solutions throughout the hydrocarbon value chain, wind energy and hydro energy. Our seals and components have been regularly used and specified over the past several decades in a wide variety of valves, loading and transfer systems for liquefied natural gas, turret swivels in floating production storage and offloading vessels, subsea equipments, compressors, pumps, drilling tools, planetary gearboxes for wind turbines and others.